A collection of recipes from my Romance books in the Texas Code Series and Texas Holiday Series.

I write Contemporary and Historical Romance and Romantic Suspense. In addition to the trials and tribulations of cooking my way through the family recipe box, my characters also know their way around the kitchen. I hope you find humor, love and an occasional recipe that you just can't resist.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

For years I searched for the perfect cookie recipe that would lend itself to any dried fruit, nut, or chip and I feel I've finally found it. This recipe lends itself to any addition I've tried. The picture shown here, top, has walnuts and chocolate chips. The bottom pic has chocolate chips, walnuts and mini M&M's. The timing is right on (I put the cookie sheet on the second tier from the top) and my guys eat 'em up!!

 Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

21/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

1. Mix flour, soda, and salt. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until creamy, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Stir in Chocolate chips (2 cups) and nuts (1 cup). Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 375 or until lightly brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cool on rack.

Servings: 30
Yield: 5 dozen cookies
Oven Temperature: 375°F

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1/30 of a recipe (1.5 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 179.3
Calories From Fat (33%) 58.61
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.67g 10%
Saturated Fat 4.02g 20%
Cholesterol 28.67mg 10%
Sodium 88.32mg 4%
Potassium 37.45mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 27.13g 9%
Fiber 0.59g 2%
Sugar 10.42g
Protein 2.75g 6%

Recipe Type: Cakes, Pastries, and Desserts


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I didn't know about this blog, Carra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found my blog, Caroline. It's fairly new. I'm planning on adding new recipes as I make them so there will be pics to accompany each one.

    Thank you for joining and I hope you will find other recipes you want to try.

    Hugs, Carra

    ReplyDelete